I love a good quiche and love that cottage cheese can give it the same fluffiness as heavy cream or half and half! Secret ingredient for the crust?! Siete almond flour tortillas. This was a random idea that came to me mid walk and it turned out so good! A great option if you are gluten free, or want a lighter option but still want that yumminess on the bottom. The Siete tortillas even taste somewhat flakey!
- 2 small shallots, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 1 zucchini, halved and then sliced thin
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tsp onion salt I used trader joes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp soffritto seasoning found at trader joes
- dash salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese the more fat the fluffier
- 1/8 cup milk
- white cheddar + mozzarella cheese blend
- 6 Siete tortillas
- Sauté the shallots for 3-5 minutes in olive oil. Add the zucchini and tomatoes. Sauté an additional 5 minutes. Add seasonings and spinach. Cook spinach until wilted.
- Mix together eggs, cottage cheese, and milk. (I added additional garlic powder and red pepper flakes)
- Grease an oven safe dish. Assemble the siete tortillas until the bottoms and sides are covered
- Add veggies, top with cheese and pour egg mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350 °F for 45-55 minutes or until cooked all the way through!