Smokey Chicken Pasta
Spicy, full of flavor and the texture is oh so perfect with the bacon corn hash, name a better combo in pasta. A copy cat recipe from Nick and Jakes for all my KC peeps, and if you havnt tried it, now you can make it at home.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4-5 vine ripened tomatoes chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1.5 cup milk
- 1 8 oz bag of spinach
- 1 8 oz bag of pepper jack cheese
- 5-6 slices bacon
- 1 can fire roasted corn
- 1/2 tsp blackened seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 boxes banza penne pasta
- 2 cup chopped chicken
- In large saucepan, add olive oil, garlic and shallots. Sauté until soft. Add in chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Once it is “saucy” add in the spinach and cook until wilted
- In a different pan, cook bacon until done. Remove from pan and drain the grease but don’t wipe clean. Add the corn and blackened seasoning. Add back in the chopped bacon and bring to a simmer.
- Add milk to the tomato mixture. Followed by chicken, corn-bacon hash, cheese and noodles.
- Stir until well combined. Add additional milk or blackened seasoning if you want additional sauce/ a spicier flavor.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!