Layered High Protein Mexican Rice
The perfect meal for a pot luck, meal prep on Sundays or even just a week night dinner! There is great protein in here with the beans and bone broth, but I also like to cook chicken and salsa in a crockpot and serve it with this dish.
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups bone broth
- 1/3 cups salsa I used spicy picante style
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 package fresh spinach
- 1 bag Colby and Monterey Jack Cheese
- Add the bone broth, rice and salsa to a sauce pan. Cover and cook according to ride label instructions (bone broth replaced the water)
- Once done, add in chili powder and spinach. Stir until well combined.
- In a baking dish, add rice, spread out evenly. Then add half the can of beans and part of the cheese.
- Add salsa on top of cheese, then another layer of beans and cheese.
- Bake at 350 °F for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve with chicken or steak!