Pepper Jack Broccoli Cheese Soup
Nothing makes me crave soup more than a chilly day! Perfectly creamy, with a hint of spice and lots of broccoli! There is quite a bit of protein in this soup between the bone broth, Greek yogurt cream cheese, cashew almond milk, cheese and broccoli! I prepared mine in the instapot and it was ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 8 cups broccoli (2 bags chopped broccoli)
- 3 cups bone broth
- 1 cup milk (I have used almond cashew milk, whole milk and 2% milk and they all turned out great)
- 2 heaping tbsp cornstarch
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese (I bought a block and sliced/cubed it)
- 1/2 cup Colby & Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package greek yogurt cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- dash cayenne pepper or SaltSisters habanero heat salt
- Organic Elote Corn Chip Dippers
- Turn on instapot to sauté function. Add in the butter and onions. Saute 3-5 minutes or until soft.
- Add in bone broth, broccoli, salt, pepper, and garlic. Give it a quick stir so all of the broccoli has been covered by broth.
- Set instapot to pressure setting for 5 minutes. Release the pressure.
- While that is cooking, mix corn starch with a little bit of the milk until not lumpy. In a separate bowl warm the 1 cup of milk in the microwave, and then combine the cornstarch mixture with heated milk.
- In the instapot, add in the milk, cream cheese, cheeses, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Turn it back to sauté function and stir frequently until all components are melted and well combined. Broccoli will begin to fall apart when it is ready to serve!
- Top with Elote Corn Chip Dippers!