Pepper Jack Broccoli Cheese Soup
Nothing makes me crave soup more than a chilly day! Perfectly creamy, with a hint of spice and lots of broccoli! There is quite a bit of protein in this soup between the bone broth, Greek yogurt cream cheese, cashew almond milk, cheese and broccoli! I prepared mine in the instapot and it was ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 8 cups broccoli (2 bags chopped broccoli)
- 3 cups bone broth
- 1 cup milk (I have used almond cashew milk, whole milk and 2% milk and they all turned out great)
- 2 heaping tbsp cornstarch
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese (I bought a block and sliced/cubed it)
- 1/2 cup Colby & Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package greek yogurt cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- dash cayenne pepper or SaltSisters habanero heat salt
- Organic Elote Corn Chip Dippers
- Turn on instapot to sauté function. Add in the butter and onions. Saute 3-5 minutes or until soft.
- Add in bone broth, broccoli, salt, pepper, and garlic. Give it a quick stir so all of the broccoli has been covered by broth.
- Set instapot to pressure setting for 5 minutes. Release the pressure.
- While that is cooking, mix corn starch with a little bit of the milk until not lumpy. In a separate bowl warm the 1 cup of milk in the microwave, and then combine the cornstarch mixture with heated milk.
- In the instapot, add in the milk, cream cheese, cheeses, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Turn it back to sauté function and stir frequently until all components are melted and well combined. Broccoli will begin to fall apart when it is ready to serve!
- Top with Elote Corn Chip Dippers!
Salt Sisters Habanero Heat Sea Salt is the perfect kick to add to this soup. (Use Code ALLIE10 to save!) Trader Joe’s Elote Corn Chip Dippers are the best topping to this delicious fall soup!