Sausage Tortellini Soup
The recipe you NEED this fall and winter! It’s so cozy, spicy and the most delicious twist on traditional soup. There is also a really decent amount of protein in it too!
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb Italian Turkey Sausage Jenny-O
- 13.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes with garlic
- 13.5 oz can tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 32 oz chicken bone broth
- 5 oz package spinach
- 1-2 tbsp red pepper flakes
- Italian Seasoning
- Soffritto Seasoning optional, but great flavor
- salt and garlic to desired taste
- 1 cup cottage cheese, blended
- 18 oz tortellini
- In a large sauce pan (I used our Dutch oven), add turkey sausage, shallot, garlic and onion. Add a little bit of the red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning.
- After it’s thoroughly cooked, add in tomatoes, bone broth and seasonings. (This is where I taste until I get the desired flavor! I added quite a bit of garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning. – salt amount will depend on type of broth used). Cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add in the spinach and tortellini, stir. Add in cottage cheese and stir until well combined and the spinach is wilted.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!