Leek Salad with Butternut Squash and Candied Pecans
- 2 cups butternut squash, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 leeks, chopped (white and the green)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- olive oil
- goat cheese (optional)
Maple glazed pecans:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/8 cup pure maple syrup
- cinnamon to taste
Directions for leek salad:
- In medium sauce pan, add olive oil, garlic, onions, and butternut squash. Sauté until soft- about 15-20 minutes
- Add the apple cider vinegar and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add in the leeks and sauté for a few more minutes until soft (but not overly wilted).
- Remove from heat and the cranberries and toasted pecans.
Directions for pecans:
- Mix pecans, maple syrup and cinnamon in bowl.
- Pour into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until toasted.
This dish can be served hot or cold- It’s better cold with the goat cheese in my opinion!