High Protein Baked Ziti
This is one of my fav dishes, and there is nothing more comforting than a warm pasta dish on a cold winter day. Bonus: it's packed with protein.
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 vine ripened tomato, chopped
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 package banza pasta, ziti style
- 3/4 cup 2% or full fat cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2-1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- red pepper flakes
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Cook ground beef and onion in a saucepan until browned. Add tomatoes, red sauce, garlic powder, 1/2 of the Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
- Prepare banza pasta according to package.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, egg, 1/2 of the Italian seasoning, garlic, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 of the mozzarella.
- Layer it up! start with pasta add cottage cheese mixture, and then meat mixture. Repeat until out of the mixtures. I typically do two layers of each.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 °F for at least 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbly on top!