Mexican Breakfast Lasagna
A new spin for a meal prep egg casserole. If you like egg casseroles and love Mexican, this one is for you! And as always the key to the best eggs ever is to add cottage cheese. It makes them so fluffy and creamy while also adding protein.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can green chilis
- 1 package spicy jalapeno chicken sausage (found at Trader Joe's)
- 12 pasture raised eggs
- 1 24oz container low fat cottage cheese
- 1 bag monterey jack cheese
- 1 heaping tbsp taco seasoning
- garlic powder and red pepper flakes
- corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In large skillet add oil and then add peppers and onion. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add in green chilis, taco seasoning, and diced chicken sausage. Cook for 5 minutes.
- While that is cooking in a large bowl add eggs, cottage cheese, garlic powder and a generous amount of red pepper flakes.
- Grease a 9×13 dish. Layer with corn tortillas, pepper and sausage mixture, eggs, corn tortillas and then top with cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until done all the way through.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to a week! Serve with a piece of fresh fruit for a perfectly balanced breakfast!