Healthy Tuna Casserole
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can heart healthy/reduced sodium cream of mushroom
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt (I use chobani – I find this to taste most similar to sour cream when cooking)
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 box banza pasta, prepared
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 6.5oz packages albacore white tuna in water
- salt and pepper
- trader joe's unami seasoning (or a seasoning salt you have on hand)
- Saute the diced onion in olive oil. Add the cream of mushroom and greek yogurt.
- Add the tuna, cooked pasta, salt, pepper, seasonings, and cheese.
- Pour into a baking dish. Top with a little bit more cheddar cheese and the bread crumbs. (I poured a little bit of butter over the bread crumbs to make them extra crisp!)
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly!
Serve with a vegetable and you have a perfectly balanced meal.