High Protein Breakfast Burritos
Since making these a few months back, these have become a staple for my morning! It’s so good and I look forward to it every morning! They are so easy to make and is packed with protein! One burrito has about 35 grams of protein- depending on the tortilla you use! Having a high protein breakfast is key for energy throughout the day and optimal hormone balance.
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 package turkey sausage
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- taco seasoning
- red pepper flakes
- chorizo seasoning I season the turkey sausage with this, but it is optional
- Yellow Bird Jalapeño hot sauce
- Cook the sausage until no longer pink.
- In a separate pan, sauté the onions and peppers until soft, add generous amount of taco seasoning.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites and cottage cheese, add to peppers. After eggs are cooked add sausage to egg mixture.
- Put cheese in tortilla and add egg mixture atop. We toast ours on a skillet, or toss it in the air fryer to get a little crispy- totally optional though!
- Makes about 8 burritos. I roll them all up and store in the fridge for a week in a container. To reheat: my favorite way is 350 in the air fryer for 15 minutes. If I have less time I will just do the microwave wrapped up in a damp paper towel. You can also make this mixture into tacos, or as a scramble with some toast or fruit on the side! Possibilities are endless!