Caprese Quinoa Bake
An easy dinner that is so refreshing for spring and has so many colors and nutrients! Perfect for a weeknight dinner and makes great leftovers for lunch.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups bone broth
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1-2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella ciliegine (cherry size)
- fresh basil
- seasonings, as desired
- dash red pepper flakes
- avocado oil
- Prepare the quinoa in bone broth according to the package.
- Coat chicken breast in avocado oil and your favorite Italian seasoning (I used salt sisters Tuscan salt).
- Heat cast iron with avocado oil and sear 3-4 minutes on each side. Bake 375F for 16-21 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- In a large saucepan add olive oil, onions, garlic. Saute 3-5 minutes. Add peppers and sauce until soft.
- Chop the chicken and add the to quinoa mixture. Top with halved cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with fresh basil and balsamic glaze (optional).